- CAPACITY BUILDING
- AIDS 101
- Gay Men / MSM
- HIV/AIDS and Aging Awareness
- National Health Awareness Observances
- FLORIDA POLICY
- FEDERAL POLICY
- GLOBAL POLICY
- JOIN US
Volunteering with The AIDS Institute
The AIDS Institute has maintained the primary role of promoting action to social change through public policy research, advocacy and education. The organization prides itself on its varying areas of expertise and encourages those that are interested in playing a role in nullifying the wide impact of HIV/AIDS to come and join us.
What is a volunteer?
A Volunteer is one who expresses willingness to take on a service or function.
Volunteering at THE AIDS INSTITUTE (TAI) will not only be considered a form of altruism, but it is also a way to improve one’s own professional skills, making contacts by meeting new people and also just having fun while helping. The agency partakes in a myriad of duties principally targeted at reducing the extensive impact of HIV/AIDS. The areas of responsibility include public policy research, government affairs and advocacy, global advocacy, education, capacity building assistance, state policy, communication and NHAAAD (National HIV/AIDS Aging Awareness Day).
Some opportunities for volunteering include:
· Database management
· Answering phones
· Fundraising research or grant writing
· Participating in the agency’s email based Action Alert Broadcast
· Networking with community leaders
· Making urgently needed phone calls
· Sending faxes or emails to elected officials and more
· Identifying appropriate media contacts
· Creating packets for meetings
· Staffing education booths at various events
· Assisting with development of agency referral system
· Assisting with planning of volunteer orientation and training program
· Maintaining agency speaker’s bureau
Special events (some of which may include but are not limited to)
· The AIDS Walk
· Creating press kits
· Reviewing publications for the mention of The AIDS Institute
· Assisting with mailings
· Assisting with event set up and break down
· Staffing table and booths at various community events
· Creating or forming special events
Applicants interested in volunteering with The AIDS Institute, must send an email to mailto:Volunteer@TheAIDSInstitute.org, include in the subject line: Volunteer Inquiry and attach the following:
A Resume and a Cover letter that includes:
- Please specify which office location position you are applying for: Tampa, FL or Remote
- Areas of Interest at TAI (Administration, Advocacy, Special Events, Media)
- Availability: length of commitment and days/times available
- Do you have reliable transportation?
- Past work/volunteer experiences, if applicable.
The agency welcomes volunteers at the Tampa, Florida office and remote volunteering opportunities from any location.
Contact us with any questions at: info@TheAIDSinstitute.org, or by phone at 813-258-5929.